World Vision is a global relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children,families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice.World Vision serves all people regardless of religion,race,ethnicity,or gender.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Programs Finance Manager is responsible for providing effective and efficient strategic support to the Finance & Support Services Director in supervising, managing and directing Regional Operations financial management, accountability, planning, and reporting in alignment with our strategic objectives.
The Programs Finance Manager ensures World Vision financial manual and procedures as well the country specific standards and regulations are compiled with, in ensuring efficient use of resources in the national office field operation.
This position supervises Regional Accountants.
Financial Management control and reporting
- Conduct field visits to review Regional Operations financial records of accounts and control systems / procedures. Train field staff and recommend system improvements if found inadequate.
- Ensure timely submission of relevant, complete and accurate projects/grants monthly and quarterly finance reports in accordance with WV policies and support offices requirements.
- Generate and Review financial reports with approved partnership reporting templates for compliance and donor requirements as well FFR review minutes.
- Manage cash flow and forecasting and develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet programs needs
- Ensure that cash transactions are well planned, controlled and reported
- Collaborate effectively with Supply Chain, Administration, Project Managers and Share Services for on-time procurement of good and services for Project implementation as well as on-time payment to vendors.
- Develop financial management mechanisms that minimize financial risk and maintain internal financial control safeguards/mechanisms and coordinate all audit activities.
- Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities to ensure optimal utilization of financial resources.
- Implement financial policies in accordance with World Vision Field Financial Manual, donor Rules and Regulations and local financial regulations.
- Ensure Field Financial Reports errors are corrected within 30 days.
- Ensure all projects accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems are in compliance with appropriate Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, regulatory requirements
Budget Preparation & Management including PBAS and Stewardship
- Assist field finance staff/Project Managers in preparing and presenting the annual project budget.
- Ensure accurate annual project budget are complied with partnership budgeting standards and submitted within the timelines.
- Lead in the monitoring of project annual budget and expenditure to meet the approved annual spend rate and efficiency ratio benchmarks
- Monitor monthly project cash spending against approved budget and alert the Finance Director on any irregularities.
- Reconcile all project budgets against PBAS commitment monthly
- Review alignment of budgets between the National Office, projects, MyPBAS and Support Offices.
- Monitor the movement of budgets and advise projects accordingly.
- Analyze spending trends and provide feedback and analysis to SLT, ROMs and field colleagues on areas with significant over- or under spending.
Reconciliations, Audit & Engagement
- Review monthly bank reconciliation statements of all field bank accounts and follow up on all outstanding items over 30 days.
- Ensure all balance sheet items are cleared and Account Allocation performed on time.
- Facilitate internal and external audits and Provide Responses to project financial audit issues for review by FD.
- Review action plans and ensure implementation of finance audit recommendations within timelines.
- Liaise with appropriate partner offices regarding financial and accounting issues, escalate issues as per FFM escalation policy
- Ensure block party screening is conducted for all WVG projects vendors & implementing Partners.
Leadership and Staff management
- Supervise field finance staff reporting technically to this role and ensure finance objectives are accomplished appropriately and on a timely basis.
- Ensure Regional Accountants have annual development plans and performance objectives in place and that capacity building is promoted.
Capacity building, General Reviews and Approval
- Provide training for field finance staff in financial management and budgeting.
- Train programs and non-finance staffs in understanding and interpretation of financial statements and partnership finance policies and procedures to ensure understanding and compliance.
- Train finance & non finance staff in fraud awareness and anti-corruption.
- Review and approve all transactions within your approval level.
- Ensure all pending Provision Purchase Requisitions are reviewed by financial reviewers on time and follow up on invoices for open POs.
- Provide targeted training and capacity building for WVG implementing partners.
Minimum education, training and experience requirements to qualify for the position:
- 1stDegree/ACCA/CIMA or Master’s degree in accounting, finance, or international business management
- Excellent command of Excel and SunSystem
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Must be able to work with multiple deadlines and high demands
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with absolute discretion
- 5+ years of solid experience in financial management and monitoring systems, preferably of large development programs.
- Excellent financial and analytical skills;
- Excellent communication skills for effective reporting on programme financial performance;
Ability to monitor and evaluate financial and monitoring skills of communities through capacity-building efforts;
- Work in an international/domestic relief and development organization is preferred
- Knowledge in Gateway to Grants certification is an added advantage
- Experience in managing Multiyear Projects.
- 15% domestic and international travels requires