Want to get a job fast?
Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime Signup Now
The mission is to provide higher education in mining, petroleum, technology and related disciplines through effective teaching and learning; to promote knowledge through active research and dissemination of information and to offer professional services through extension activities to the mining and allied industries.
Read more about this company
The general public is hereby notified that there is a vacancy for the post a Finance Officer at the University of Mines and Technology Tarkwa. Qualified and interested persons may submit applications for the post not later than 19th June, 2020.
- The Finance Officer will be responsible to the Vice Chancellor for all financial issues of the University.
- The person will also, among others, be responsible for the preparation and consolidation of final accounts, corporate planning treasury management and liaison with external stakeholders in respect of financial matters affecting the University.
Qualification Required & Experience
- Candidate must hold a Master’s Degree in either Finance or Accounting from a recognised University and membership of a recognised professional accounting body (that is, ICA (Ghana), ACCA, ACA, ICMA etc).
- The person should, in addition, show evidence of a good grasp of financial administration procedures with rich relevant post-professional qualification experience of not less than 12 years
The applicant should possess the following qualities
- Strong leadership skills and dynamish
- Strategic thinker with the capacity of initiating, formulating and implementing financial accounting policies and controls at a higher level academic setting
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Good communication and excellent report writing skills, evidence of refereed publications in academic or professional journals will be an advantage
- A high sense of responsibility and moral integrity and
- Computer literacy and the use of modern financial accounting software
- Experience in University financial administration at the level of a Deputy Finance Officer or higher management level would be an advantage
The Appointment, which is full-time, shall be for 4 years in the first instance and may be subject to renewal for another 4 years or part thereof.
Conditions of service are as applicable in Government of Ghana subverted Universities
go to method of application »
The Vice Chancellor is the Executive Head of the University and is responsible, under the council of the University, for both the academic and administrative functions of the university
The Vice Chancellor is also the Chief Disciplinary Officer of the University
Qualification Required & Experience
- Must be of professorial status or rank/grade of high repute
- Must be an internationally acclaimed academic and a distinguished scholar
- Must be a proven capacity to motivate, manage and direct staff
- Must exhibit a high sense of industry, leadership qualities and organisation skills
- Must be transparent, firm and above reproach
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills and capacity to manage and control crisis situations
- Must be a visionary, business-oriented and be able to establish rapport between industry and the University for common purpose
- Must have the capacity to raise funds and other resources for research and other development activities of the University
- Must be able to serve a full four year term of office before attaining the compulsory retiring age of 60 years
Terms of Appointment
The appointment which is full-time, shall be for 4 years in the first instance and may be subject to renewal for another term 4 years part thereof, salary and conditions of service attached to the position are very attractive
Method of Application
Prospective candidates should send ten (10) copies of their curriculum vitae, copies of certificates and statements of their vision for the University in not more than five hundred (500) words to the following address:
Search Committee for Finance Officer
c/o The Registrar
University of Mines and Technology
Post Office Box 237
Tarkwa – Ghana
Search committee for Finance Officer
c/o The Office Manager
Universities of Ghana Overseas Office
Ghana Universities House
321 City Road
London ECIV ILJ
Candidates should request three (3) referees to submit confidential reports on them directly to the same address.
Closing Date: 19 June, 2020
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love