PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platformsvaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovationsthat harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passi...
Read more about this company
PATH is seeking a Finance Assistant to provide support to administration and finance activities in the Ghana office. The Finance Assistant will report to the PATH Ghana Finance and Administrative Officer and will focus his/her efforts on helping to advance PATH Ghana projects; delivering quality, efficient and optimized project outcomes.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Prepare field office payment vouchers and expense reports with appropriate documentation of all transactions for the office;
- Ensure that supporting documents are efficient and follow internal control;
- Input financial and accounting data into the Business world accounting software system as requested;
- Support preparation of Field Office Financial Reports (FOFRs) including gathering all vouchers and related documents, bank advices and statements on a monthly basis and timely manner;
- Scan and archive FOFR documents;
- Perform cash inventory and control (monthly closing);
- Support reconciliation of monthly bank statements;
- Assist with monitoring budget advances for workshop and/or meetings;
- Ensure that all office accounts (i.e. telephone, internet, building services, office rent, taxes and vendors) are paid in an appropriate and timely manner;
- Liaise with International accounting services for any questions and requests;
- Prepare payroll taxes and any other payments on a monthly basis;
- Maintain the office inventory list updated (excluding computer and other IT related equipment) and put barcode;
- Monitor office machines are tagged with an inventory barcode;
- Do a bi-annual asset inventory.
- Employee and non-employee Advance Account: ensure that advances are cleared on time within the month of closing;
- Analyze other receivables and Clearing Account.
- Ensure that all documents follow PATH Procurement policy;
- Ensure the 3-way match before processing invoices
- Liaise with Project Assistant to produce quarterly travel report for PATH Ghana;
- Assist project officers for their advance requests;
- Provide support to other programs for all finance aspects.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with finance and accounting option, ACCA II, CIMA II or equivalent.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience working for an international NGO.
- Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations.
- Ability to work with diverse vendors and stakeholders.
- Proficiency with any accounting system.
- Capacity to collaborate and communicate effectively with team members.
- Ability to use the Business World Accounting Software is a plus
- Proficient in working with MS office computer programs.
- Demonstrated strong finance and organizational skills.
- Experience in SAP or Agresso or any other ERP system.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent organization, attention to detail, and ability to appropriately prioritize competing tasks.
- Effective time management and able to work under time pressure.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Applicants considered for this position are to be Ghana nationals. This position is based in Accra. Candidates outside of Accra will be responsible for their relocation to Accra.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
Interested and qualified? Go to PATH on path.silkroad.com