Note: Never pay any money to any recruiter for any purpose (certificates, medical testing, interview, work kit or any other thing).
Since 1963, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in 145 developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food securi...
Read more about this company
ACDI/VOCA is seeking a consultant(s)/firm to complete a market systems diagnostic study to inform proposal development for the anticipated USAID Market Systems and Resilience Activity in Ghana. The activity will facilitate the development of a competitive market space that is inclusive, resilient and sustainable in the provision of goods and services demanded by actors.
The consultant/firm will support data collection for a planned market systems and resilience diagnostic study to better understand the agricultural market system in Northern Ghana. Estimated LOE for this assignment is 20 days.
- Participate in training from ACDI/VOCA staff on diagnostic tool use;
- Administer survey and conduct key informant interviews as identified by ACDI/VOCA;
- Collect quantitative data;
- Record and transcribe data in preparation for analysis at the home office;
- Coordinate closely with ACDI/VOCA headquarters and field technical staff to obtain information, arrange logistics, and discuss findings and final deliverables
- Experience in leading quantitative and qualitative surveys using best practices, possess an understanding of research design;
- Experience conducting assessments/evaluations;
- Experience in collecting qualitative and quantitative data collection;
- Experience working with international development programs or academia; and
- Fluent in English (required) and local languages spoken in northern Ghana
go to method of application »
ACDI/VOCA is seeking a Capture Research Coordinator to oversee in-country information gathering for the anticipated USAID Market Systems and Resilience Activity in Ghana. The activity will facilitate the development of a competitive market space that is inclusive, resilient and sustainable in the provision of goods and services demanded by actors.
The consultant will support the home office team with on-the-ground support reaching out to relevant networks, arranging meetings, and any relevant background research. The consultant will be responsible for conducting primary research in response to requests from the proposal team, as well as manage the work of other local consultants and consulting firms contributing to the effort. Estimated LOE for this assignment is 40 days.
- Conduct key informant interviews;
- Coordinate other local research and capture support consultants/firms;
- Draft and present letters of introduction, as necessary;
- Collect, organize, and review data and information, as requested;
- Take and write up meeting notes, as requested;
- Maintain regular communication with home office staff
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, agriculture, economics, marketing or related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- Experience leading local research or project implementation teams in Ghana, with a focus on producing time-bound deliverables
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Knowledge of donor-funded agriculture and food security initiatives in Ghana
go to method of application »
ACDI/VOCA is seeking a consultant or firm to conduct a Food Environment Analysis for the anticipated USAID Market Systems and Resilience Activity in Ghana. The activity will facilitate the development of a competitive market space that is inclusive, resilient and sustainable in the provision of goods and services demanded by actors.
The consultant/firm will be responsible for conducting primary research, including the collection, review, and summarization of nutrition and food security documents; implementing the survey in the ZOI; supporting analysis of FEA by the US-based consultant. Estimated LOE for this assignment is 20 days.
- Assist in gathering supporting documents from relevant local organizations and government institutions;
- Co-develop a research plan and study design template for the field to use in planning the implementation of the Food Environment Analysis;
- Coordinate field research plan with ACDI/VOCA’s Ghana based Capture Coordinator;
- Participate in a remote pre-data collection training and orientation to discuss data collection tools, logistics and prepare in-country team for data collection;
- Conduct the food environment analysis in-country at multiple data collection sites across the target regions;
- Synthesize and package survey results (submission of data is expected five days after the completion of field work)
- Provide a debrief of the research findings to the proposal team;
- Provide additional nutrition related consulting work to support the proposal as needed
- Advanced degree in humanitarian affairs, international development, nutrition, or related field;
- Experience with nutrition-sensitive and food security programming;
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative methods and analysis of data; and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.