World Vision is a global relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children,families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice.World Vision serves all people regardless of religion,race,ethnicity,or gender.
Read more about this company
Oversee Project Operations
- Direct and oversee World Vision’s work in an assigned program, ensuring that all program goals are met.
- Research new funding opportunities and develop funding proposals.
- Manage grant budget within approved spending levels.
- Identify issues and risks related to program implementation in a timely manner, and suggest appropriate program adjustments to the Chief of Party/ Programme Director.
- Ensure grant/project expenses are reasonable, allocable, prudent and spent in accordance with donor rules and regulations to ensure clean audits.
- Oversee supply and equipment acquisition, disposition, and management in compliance with WV internal and donor requirements.
- Organize and direct the work of grant staff and short-term advisors, set individual performance objectives cascaded from project objectives to all staff hired in the project.
- Provide supervision, training and performance management coaching and feedback.
- Support Staff Learning and Development according with WVI policy.
- Develop and update workforce planning
- Ensure strong staff management practices, consistent with WV policies, donor requirements and local laws
- Ensure proper technical capacity of staff is available
Effective and accurate reporting and communication:
- Establish and maintain effective reporting, evaluation, and internal communication.
- Ensure timely and accurate reports that meet donor requirements.
- Networking and Liaison with different stakeholders.
- Liaise with host government officials, local communities, farmers, and other organizations as appropriate.
- When delegated by CoP/PD, represent the project in meetings with donor and other stakeholders.
- Close cooperation with NO GAM lead for implementation of the GAM objectives as well as close collaboration within the NO GAM Unit on donor positioning, lessons learned, grant health and quality improvements.
- Carry out additional responsibilities and projects as assigned, including administrative and planning functions
- Attend and participate in weekly chapel services and daily devotional meetings
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Masters degree in engineering, hydrology, hydrogeology, environmental sanitation, public health or otherrelevant field or equivalent experience in program management in developing countries
- Familiarity with USAID requirements, their history and their development
- Ability to integrate, lead and motivate teams of professionals around common goals
- Demonstrated accomplishment in working with host-country professionals, ministries and with donor colleagues in country
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience integrating gender and youth into complex programming (inclusive programming)
- Has managed a USAID grant
- Good planning and organizational skills
- At least five years of experience designing, implementing and managing large and complex projects involving multiple partners, in/for developing countries.
- Fluent English speaker and the relevant other UN language, if it is officially used in the country
- Strong writing and oral presentation skills in English
- Experience in managing inter-agency consortiums is preferred
- At least 5 years of the international development experience of either the Director or Deputy Director (or of each); must involve implementation and management of large-scale grant/ programme activities
- Good understanding of industry standards and trends in the global WASH sector
go to method of application »
World Vision seeks Finance Manager candidates for an anticipated USAID funded project in Ghana focused on increasing access to sustainable water, sanitation and hygiene services to targeted districts in Northern Ghana. The Finance Manager is responsible for the financial management of a USAID-funded WASH grant from start-up through close-out. S/he ensures proper financial management, accountability, planning, and reporting in alignment with the goals of the grant, World Vision financial procedures, USAID regulations, and the grant agreement.
- Advise program teams on resource integration options to meet match requirements of grants and on recovery of indirect and field ministry service costs for grants and private funding.
- Lead the development of the annual program team operating budget, monitor actual performance and develop project projections.
- Review and/or generate financial reports for compliance with grant and donor requirements.
- Analyze spending trends and provide feedback and analysis to team leaders and field colleagues on areas with significant over- or under spending.
- Prepare close-out documentation at end of funding cycles in compliance with government regulations.
- Support government and World Vision International audits, provide required information and facilitate audit recommendations implementation.
- Consult Chief of Party and Deputy Chief of Party on cost allocations, general accounting, internal controls and administrative systems as required
- Implement financial policies in accordance with World Vision Field Financial Manual, USAID Rules and Regulations and local financial regulations.
- Practice standard financial systems, including implementation of good internal controls, asset monitoring and reconciliation of all funds accounts.
- Oversee preparation of financial documents and ledgers.
- Assure that all grant policies and regulations are adhered to in the charging of cost.
- Assure that cash transactions are well planned, controlled and reported.
- Liaise with appropriate partner offices regarding financial and accounting issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned by line manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- 1st degree in accounting, finance, or international business management.
- Excellent command of Excel and SunSystem.
- Fluency in English and [French is an added advantage], both written and spoken.
- Must be able to work in a cross-cultural environment.
- Must be able to work with multiple deadlines and high demands.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with absolute discretion.
- At least five years of accounting and/or grants management experience.
- Three years USAID grant experience.
- At least 2 year experience managing staff.
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Office-based with frequent travel to the field
- Travel: 30 % Domestic travel is required. 5-10 % international travel.
- On call:
go to method of application »
List statements describing the final results of this position and method of accomplishments, and how results/performance are reviewed and measured. Begin with the most important accountabilities.
Technical Leadership and Support
- Lead the development, operationalization and reporting on a comprehensive Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, Research and Learning (MEARL) System for the USAID WASH Project.
- Ensure that the Project thematic objectives and their execution are aligned to the overall project goal and WVG National Office strategic objectives; and monitoring of the same is consistently done to ensure compliance and impact towards the well-being of the child.
- Direct the successful development and implementation of technically feasible approaches and innovations in alignment with the project design, for meeting its objectives.
- Provide effective leadership to staff within MEARL system of the project, and other project stakeholders; and ensure the professional development of staff, including coaching, appraisals, monitoring and needed training and mentoring activities are successfully carried out.
- Enable the Project Lead, relevant technical team, and stakeholders to receive timely and appropriate MEARL technical support needed to meet or exceed donor performance and compliance expectations.
- Ensure the consolidation of a learning culture – based upon evidenced based best practices and industry standards – to enable project staff to achieve and/or surpass established targets and standards.
- Ensure and impart appropriate mentoring, coaching and supervision in order to equip, motivate and empower project staff and partners.
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and partners on the project MEARL system, and all DME processes that support the project.
- Provide support to the National Office and other WV entities for any WASH M&E needs.
- Provide support to WV partners, communities and Government institutions for the development and implementation of WASH M&E initiatives.
Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Provide backstopping for the development of the Project M&E framework aligned with USAID and WVG quality requirements/ standards.
- Ensure the integration of the project M&E into the National Office M&E system for streamlined progress tracking and impact reporting.
- Ensure the design and review of the WASH project M&E tools, and providing guidance on their use on the field; as well as the development, adaptation and usage of innovative M&E tools and applications.
- Ensure the tracking of project implementation and providing sound monitoring of all project indicators; and guiding implementation in alignment with the project implementation plan and design.
- Lead and ensure successful project assessments, including project baseline, mid-term assessment, evaluation, among others.
- Provide support for the review of the project Annual Plan and Budgets to remain focus towards the projects overall goal and objectives
Data Management, Reporting, Research and Learning
- Lead and collaborate and work with WVG GIS Manager, the technical team and the WASH software teams to ensure that the project data syncs with all data bases (WV online GIS and Horizon Field monitoring systems, WASH Database, Hydro database, Water quality database, etc.),
- Ensure that regular quality control checks of the project databases are carried out to ensure data integrity.
- Ensure that project data is collected, documented, validated, edited, analyzed and presented appropriately for reports, and ensure the regular preparation of tables, graphs and written reports summarizing project M&E data to demonstrate project performance for sharing and engagement with project stakeholders.
- Lead and ensure the preparation of project-related reports (monthly, quarterly, semi-annually and annually), presentations, impact stories, publications and other technical reports.
- Be the focal person for initiating, coordinating and ensuring the success of project researches, publications and learning events.
- Ensure documentations of all project implementation and management processing for learning and evidence generation that supports continuous stakeholder engagements.
- Ensure technical support and provision of M&E and research evidence and learning resources to sector related concepts and proposals to meet DM&E and donor standards.
- Enable the relevant Program Effectiveness staff to provide the RAM unit the relevant technical support required to successfully meet or exceed established yearly resource acquisition targets.
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned by the project lead and key stakeholders and donor from time to time.
- Participate and contribute in sharing and learning platforms related to the project sector to showcase best practices from the project and injective inn
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
List education, knowledge & skills, licenses preferred, and all experiences required to perform this position in a fully competent manner.
- Degree in Development Studies, Social Sciences, Computer/Information Science, Environmental Science, Public Health, Statistics or Mathematics. Advanced degree is an added advantage.
- Technical Training qualifications required: Knowledge in M&E System Design and Implementation, evidence generation, data management, maps & graphs designs presentations and data visualization
- Experience: Minimum 5 years of experience in M&E, Research and Learning, Project Management, Data management including knowledge of GIS, and considerable knowledge of computerized information system.
- Experience in the following areas would be a strong advantage: National WASH M&E framework (DiMES), Global WASH M&E initiatives, statistics, data capture and analysis.
- Professional technical skill desired: Recognized certification in M&E would be an added advantage.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.