The mission is to provide higher education in mining, petroleum, technology and related disciplines through effective teaching and learning; to promote knowledge through active research and dissemination of information and to offer professional services through extension activities to the mining and allied industries.
The Person shall be the Head of the University's Security Services and shall be responsible for the following:
• Implement strategic security plans of the University;
• Supervise the Security Services and ensure the security and safety of life and property on campus; • Policing, investigations and intelligence gathering;
• Liaise with the appropriate officers of the University, the Police and other Security Agencies on matters bordering on the security of the University; and
• Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
• The Appointment, which is a Senior Member status, shall be on full-time basis.
• Conditions or service are as applicable in Government Subvented Universities of Ghana.
Qualification Required & Experience
The prospective Candidate must be:
• A Security officer of the rank of Major in the Ghana Armed Forces/other analogous Security Organisations;
• Duty-conscious and have the capacity to manage crisis situations;
• Sober won maturity and drive for sound and impartial judgement;
• A good communicator with good inter-personal skills; and,
• A Member or Security/Law Enforcement Association/Agency would be an advantage.
Applications are from suitably qualified persons for appointment to the following position as Lecturer / Senior Lecturer / Associate Professor / Professor in French at the University of Mines and Technology (UMaT), Tarkwa.
Department of Technical Communication
• Applicants for lectureship appointment should possess a Phil in French from a recognised University. Research experience will be an added advantage.
• Lecturers from recognised universities may also apply.
• Applicants for the post of Senior Lecturer should hold a PhD in French and should be or ,hould have been Lecturers with at least four (4) years university teaching experience and minimum of four (4) refereed journal publications arising out of research.
• Senior Lecturers from recognised universities may also apply.
• Applicants for the post of Associate Professors should be or should have been senior Lecturers with at least eight (8) years university teaching experience and a minimum of ten (10) refereed journal publications arising out of research.
• Associate Professors from recognised universities may also apply.
• Applicants for the post of Professors should be or should have been Associate Professors with at least twelve (12) years university teaching experience and a minimum of twenty 20) refereed journal publications arising out of research.
• Professors from recognised universities may also apply.
Interested candidates who qualify for the position may download the Application Form at:
The completed application form,together with an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae and copies of educational and relevant professional certificates should reach the Registrar
All correspondence should be addressed to:
University of Mines and Technology
P O Box 237
Or Call us on: +233-312320324 / 20280
Closing Date: 28 February, 2020
Join our happy subscribers