Want to get a job fast?
Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime Signup Now
MODEC has been providing competitive floating solutions for the offshore oil and gas industry and is recognized as a leading specialist for Floating Production Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessels, Floating Storage and Offloading (FSO) vessels, Floating LNGs (FLNGs), Tension Leg Platforms (TLPs), and Production Semi-submersibles.
Read more about this company
Carries out all work, in areas of competence, in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with the Facility’s HSEQ Management System.
Assists in the loading and discharge of supply vessels and the operation, deployment and recovery of work boat. Operates, where qualified, cranes and lifting appliances onboard the facility and ensures operation within its safe working limits and in accordance with the Facility’s HSEQ Management System
- Maintains an efficient fire or deck watch as required.
- Ensures all decks and store rooms are maintained in a safe and secure condition at all times.
- Ensures the cleanliness of all accommodation and work areas and that all work is performed and all
- equipment operated in a safe and efficient manner.
- Assists in the maintenance of lifting appliances, cranes, running gear, slings, shackles etc.as directed by
- the Deck Foreman.
- Ensures that all tank work is carried out in a safe and professional manner.
- Assists in the mooring and unmooring of offtake tankers.
- Ensures that the FPSO Waste Management Policy is followed
- Assists with all aspects of cargo handling i.e. assisting in loading/ discharging of Crude Oil including
- safety watch keeping during offloading operations, Crude Oil Washing, tank cleaning and the associated
- maintenance of cargo equipment.
- Carries out maintenance tasks, as directed by the Deck Foreman, in all areas including:
- Corrosion control including needle gunning, sand and water blasting, spray painting etc.
- Tank operations including tank entry, cleaning, removal of scale, valves, pipework etc.
- Pumproom work including removal/installation of valves, blanks, pumps repairs, overhauls.
- Process Plant including assisting with repairs and maintenance as required under direct
- supervision of Mechanical Supervisor.
- Attends and assists in helicopter landing and take-offs as required.
- Carries out all workboat, mooring operations and other tasks associated with offtake tanker operation
- including floating hose assembly, disassembly and testing.
- Part of the fast rescue craft crew either onboard or FPSO deployment crew.
- Erects and dismantles scaffolding as required, if qualified to do so.
- Operates the cranes as required, if qualified to do so.
- City & Guilts (C&G), Higher National Diploma (HND)or equivalent background
- Certified Roustabout with STCW 2010 including Fast Rescue Craft certification. Other relevant trade
- qualification such as offshore crane driver, rigger, dogman and scaffolder preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience
- Experience in tanker operations, small boat handling.
- Experience as operator in an offshore environment preferred.
- Training requirements for the position are as set out in the Safety Training Requirements for Offshore Personnel.
- Certified as helideck crew preferred.
go to method of application »
Operate and carry out first line maintenance activities as directed by Engine Room Supervisor on the FPSO process and ships utilities plant in a safe and efficient manner, being aware of safety of others, effective utilisation of FPSO systems and processes related to FPSO operations, ensuring compliance with company and statutory requirements.
Provides and carry out first line maintenance activities for Engine room/Utilities as directed by relevant Engine Room Supervisor on the FPSO as outlined in PD below.
Carry out Preventative maintenance and repair work, shutdowns, isolations and planned maintenance in accordance with the CMMS ensuring.
- All maintenance and maintenance related activities are carried out to the highest standards.
- All test and inspection routines required by the Planned Maintenance System are completed.
- Proper records/history and reports are maintained.
- Must be quality-conscious and deliver technically sound results without incident.
- Follow the Company safety procedures and rules.
Be familiar with and lead by example with the Facility’s plant and machinery their safe operation and maintenance and will ensure knowledge of safety requirements including work permit systems, operational and emergency procedures, company policy and instructions.
Key Areas of activity
- Facility Management Systems Maintenance, Standards and Procedures
- PTW System Maintenance
- CMMS Maintenance activities and improvements and purchasing activities:
- Shutdown and Major Maintenance
This includes but is not limited to:
- Carry out planned preventative and remedial maintenance as described in maintenance
- management system work instructions
- Responsible for weekly monitoring checks on safety and production critical equipment, reporting any
- deviation of set parameters and raise work orders in maintenance management system
- Carry out fault finding and diagnostic checks on all vessel equipment, ensuring any repairs are
- addressed promptly. Ensure critical spares are available and any discrepancy are addressed
- Completing and maintaining all documentation associated with Maintenance engineering as
- required for all maintenance operational work activities
- Provides Engineering Maintenance support to achieve and maintain the technical
- and performance integrity of the FPSO Facility
- Complete all work activities in accordance with the Facility standards, Facility Management procedures and specifications
- Ensures that all information entered in logs, reports, maintenance records and Maximo is accurate and conforms to the Safety/Facility Management Systems.
- Ensures all boiler systems are well maintained in terms of internal boiler water quality meeting vendors required specifications.
- Opens the daily Work Permit related to Engine Room activities.
- Participates on the maintenance activities realised by external vendors on site related to Mechanical Engine Room department during their major visits for interventions under the supervision of Engine Room Supervisor.
- Executes planned preventive and corrective maintenance routines as scheduled.
- Operates and handles steam generation both from main boiler and deck mounted boiler as required.
- Reports to his/her Engine Room Supervisor.
- City and Guilds (C&G) /Higher National Diploma (HND) or equivalent
- Mechanical/Marine trade background
- Marine Engine Room valid STCW certificates. Certificate for welding abilities will be an advantage.
- 6+ years offshore oil and gas or relevant industry experience
- Marine engineer background/Boiler and steam qualifications (preferable VLCC/ Tanker experience)
- Rotating Equipment Experience including Cargo offloading pumps & turbine
- Experienced in the repair and maintenance of engine room equipment preferred.
- Maintenance/ Marine Operations experience.
- Authorised Mechanical isolating authority
- FPSO experience preferable. Frontline lead technician experience is recommended.
- Good personal and interpersonal skills and responsibility.
- Emergency response duties/fire team trained
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love