Marriott Hotel is a new 5-star luxury hotel in Accra, Ghana located opposite Kotoka International Airport in the heart of Airport City. We offer easy access to major corporations and we provide well-appointed guest rooms.
- Receive, unload, and process deliveries and account for incoming freight based on invoice and receiving reports.
- Stage merchandise by department, mark appropriately for placement in facility, and deliver merchandise to appropriate department.
- Verify and track received inventory and complete inventory reports and logs.
- Reconcile shipping invoices and receiving reports to ensure count accuracy.
- Receive, store, ship, and deliver incoming and outgoing department packages and mail.
- Secure the receiving room and its contents, ensuring safekeeping of packages.
- Follow all national, state, and local hazardous material shipping guidelines and regulations.
- Ship all out-going mail and packages. Verify quantity and condition of packages upon receipt prior to delivery to guest.
- Communicate with guest regarding received packages.
- Maintain accurate tracking system on all shipping and receiving transactions, including receiving guest signatures for received packages.
- Communicate with proper management regarding any loss or damage with packages.
- Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications.
- Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others. Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines (e.g., to identify defects).
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Move through narrow, confined, or elevated spaces.
- Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces as well as up and down stairs and/or service ramps.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.